Begging to Work

For the past couple of weeks I have been on the job hunt. It has not been going well. I've applied to a local medically related company for a supervisor for a data entry department. No response. I've applied to a shipping company for a logistics position. Position filled (seemingly before the ad was placed?) One of my brighter hopes was for a sales job down south that was recommended by a friend. Interviewed but no word yet if I'll get through to a second round. Not looking hopeful. Out of desperation, I've even applied for a position within the same company that I currently work for. It's not something I would look forward to doing but there is a slight pay increase and more importantly, I can get out from under the boss I currently work under.

Looking for employment is difficult and makes me question my own self-worth. When I keep failing like this I just give up. It's what happened when I graduated and the few other spurts of job-seeking I've done through the years. I hate rejection and so I cling onto the job that I have and quit looking.

There are two job apps still out there with a possibility. I'll probably know the the answer to both by the end of next week. In the meantime, I keep hoping for a new ad to drop in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!