Thanksgiving 2015

This year, the family gathered at my parents' house. I think that Mom wants to show off her improved kitchen. I know that I am slightly a bit jealous at her having a brand new stove and washing machine. God, I would kill for a washing machine sometimes!

My plan was to make kaesespaetzel. I figured I would dive into my father's side of the family and bring something German...ish.  It wasn't well received and it was barely touched. I have to admit that even I had a tough time finishing it off.

Thankfully, it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. Lately, my cousin has been posting some pretty xenophobic stuff on facebook and I've been challenging her to think on the issues. Nothing was mentioned though and things seemed relatively normal between her, me, and her dad.
My Mom, Aunt, and Sister

Mike, Uncle Kenny, Dad, Me, Mom, Aunt Julie, Kaylee, Uncle Art




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?