I was at my desk this morning clicking my way through my job when one of my coworkers, who is black, was talking to other people nearby that she's wearing the Confederate Flag. My ears perked up at that. A black woman in the north saying something like that is not an every day occurrence. So looked over because I had to see this. I saw that she was wearing what you see pictured and I immediately busted up laughing. After I was done, I lamented over our obviously failing education system.
I have told this woman that she is my "project." Lesson 1: Understanding the Union Flag of the United Kingdom. So rest assured, that she now understands that this is not one of the flags of the Confederate States of America nor is it flag of the Union forces that the CSA was fighting against. She also understands that it is the incorporation of three flags into one. I decided to leave it at that because her head was about to explode from the rush of new knowledge. A little bit at a time, people.
Lesson 2: High-heeled boots are not the best footwear choice for working in a warehouse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AI Helps Me With Memories
When I was a little boy, there was a movie that I watched. I only had a few memory fragments to go on. I've asked my dad about it it and...
-
A few obnoxious teens came into the store today that reminded me to tell the world: I hate popped collars. Seriously, I think that the guys ...
-
Wow, Tyler Whitney is popping up all over the gay blogging circuit but the rest of America doesn’t care. Mr. Whitney is an 18 year old staf...
-
In every election I’ve voted in, polls in Michigan open at 7am and stay open until 8pm. I thought that I would go and vote when the polls o...
No comments:
Post a Comment