Fixated on Flint

I told my movie buddy, Kraig, that I wasn't keen on watching G.I. Joe: Retaliation.  The move franchise hasn't captured my attention like the cartoon used to do. The same is true about the Transformers series as well.  However, I told Kraig that I would go see it with him if he wanted and so we did.  As I thought, it was largely a boring movie to me.

There was one thing that I want to comment about and that is the character of Flint. When I was a kid watching the cartoon, I had this strange feeling for Flint that I did not have for any of the other Joes.  I couldn't tell you why, I just did.  Only later did I realize that, yes, I do get crushes on fictional characters--two-dimensional, cartoon characters.  Yeah, don't laugh.

Flint was missing from the other two movies, although Dennis Quaid came close to looking like him as far as I was concerned even though his character was Gen. Hawk.  Flint made his appearance in this movie and whoa boy did I get that strange feeling again.  Only this time, I don't feel so ridiculous about it.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!

Meet Bob