Get 'em before they're gone!

See also: Fair Food 3

Today is my sister's birthday and I sent her text wishing her a happy one.  I also told her to go buy as many Twinkies as she could.  You see, I learned this morning that Hostess, the company the sells the Twinkies, is ceasing operations.  What Twinkies that have just fallen off the assembly line are the last ones.  Throughout the day some funny stories of people going out to stores to stock up were told.  I remember one guy who said that he went to his local Jewel and cleaned them out.  His plan is to sell the boxes for $20 when the normal store supplies dry up.

While it sounds like the Twinkie and other Hostess products are going to disappear forever, that may not necessarily be the case.  Given the popularity of the Twinkie, I'm pretty sure that another company would be more than willing to buy it off of Hostess.  Of course, Hostess may also reverse course and try to remain an operating company.

I had planned to go to the store tonight to see if I could pick up a box but I forgot.  It's not big deal as I don't eat those things that often anyways.  Quite honestly, it has been probably been a good three or so years since I last had one.  They happen to be a little diet crimes of opportunity more than anything else.  The person, I know, who would suffer the most would be my friend Dwight who is a big fan of the Ho Hos.

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!