Stamp Day

I woke up early to go to the post office today. Other than Saturday, 0800-0900 is the only time on the weekdays that I can get in there because of my work schedule. I had to purchase some international stamps for Christmas cards that I’m sending out. Would you believe that they didn’t have any? It’s Christmas, their busiest time of the year and they don’t have them?! I messaged a tweet to one of the recipients who lives in Scotland. I asked him if he collected stamps because he’s getting a few domestic ones from me: Boy Scouts, military award, and some clock thing.

Later in the day, it was slow so I asked a different department if they needed any help. Since it’s the end of the year, some documents needed to be destroyed. One of the box contained post cards. Now these are business reply cards and if they are mailed from within the US, no postage is needed on them. If they are mailed from outside, then they do. I was halfway through the pile when I noticed that a number of them had stamps on them. They were all international stamps. I asked the supervisor if I could tear off the stamps and she said she didn’t mind and so that's what I did.

I’ve never collected stamps but I guess I’ve started. Not bad for only half an hour’s worth, eh?

I guess I can see why some people get into stamps. They can really be artful and there’s so much variety…
…unless they’re from the UK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!