Overthinking Yoda

Raise your hand if you thought Yoda was a “human.”

I don’t know about the rest of you but I raised my hand.

When I was young I was too smart for Star Wars. So smart I was dumb. I won’t get into why humans were in a galaxy far far away, existing in the past but seemingly living in the future. Nor will I discuss how measuring time using units of distance was wrong. Let me just talk about Yoda.

First I knew that some species that looked “human” were infesting the Star Wars galaxy. I mean they were everywhere. They couldn’t be real humans because real humans are here, in our galaxy, in our time. So if they weren’t humans than their condition must be different. I seriously thought that these humans had long life spans like 1,000 years. It’s just that at the end of their lives they ended up all short and pruney like Yoda. What sold me on that idea was when Yoda says to look “When nine hundred years you reach, look as good you will not.” Surely that means that in 900 years, Luke was going to end up looking like Yoda only uglier. Sounded reasonable to me at the time.

*Shrugs shoulders*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!