Thursday, October 22, 2009

Storm 2 and Windows 7

I don’t need to get every single new bit of technology that comes off the press but I’d like to. If I had the money, I’m sure I’d be prepping a little shopping spree right now to get the new BlackBerry Storm and the latest Windows OS. But since I’m poor, I can pretend that I’m a frugal person and try to convince myself that such upgrades are not worth the money. Because, you see, they aren’t.

I have a love-hate relationship with my phone. I love what it can do but I hate how lazy it can be sometimes. Sometimes it can get so slow I want to throw it against the wall. Instead, I calmly do a battery pull. Yet, the Storm Mark I, is my baby. If I accidentally leave it at home, I have a little panic attack. It’s funny and yet oh so sad.

I bought a computer also not too long ago. It’s a Vista machine and it wasn’t as big a nightmare that some other people were making it out to be. Granted, I was staring fresh. None of the programs that I had on my XP machine were transferred over. I did have some hardware issues with a webcam but Microsoft came out with a patch but it has been relatively smooth sailing with a few minor tweaks. The computer that I have is still new enough to accept an upgrade to Win 7 but I’m not sure I want to do it just yet. I’ll wait for a bit and see how the guinea pigs are taking to it and then I’ll probably wait until the first service pack gets rolled out. Besides, I really don’t feel like spending $120+ on an upgrade.

1 comment:

Kristel said...

Nate has been using Windows 7 for months now when he's not using Linux and he likes it. My in-the-know RAs love Windows 7 and say that yes, it's well worth it.

ND vs MSU I'm Here for It!

  One of my coworkers offered to sell me her tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game. Of course, I took her up on the offer! With...