Storm 2 and Windows 7

I don’t need to get every single new bit of technology that comes off the press but I’d like to. If I had the money, I’m sure I’d be prepping a little shopping spree right now to get the new BlackBerry Storm and the latest Windows OS. But since I’m poor, I can pretend that I’m a frugal person and try to convince myself that such upgrades are not worth the money. Because, you see, they aren’t.

I have a love-hate relationship with my phone. I love what it can do but I hate how lazy it can be sometimes. Sometimes it can get so slow I want to throw it against the wall. Instead, I calmly do a battery pull. Yet, the Storm Mark I, is my baby. If I accidentally leave it at home, I have a little panic attack. It’s funny and yet oh so sad.

I bought a computer also not too long ago. It’s a Vista machine and it wasn’t as big a nightmare that some other people were making it out to be. Granted, I was staring fresh. None of the programs that I had on my XP machine were transferred over. I did have some hardware issues with a webcam but Microsoft came out with a patch but it has been relatively smooth sailing with a few minor tweaks. The computer that I have is still new enough to accept an upgrade to Win 7 but I’m not sure I want to do it just yet. I’ll wait for a bit and see how the guinea pigs are taking to it and then I’ll probably wait until the first service pack gets rolled out. Besides, I really don’t feel like spending $120+ on an upgrade.

Comments

Kristel said…
Nate has been using Windows 7 for months now when he's not using Linux and he likes it. My in-the-know RAs love Windows 7 and say that yes, it's well worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?