Reminding Myself Why I Should Wait for the Fair

I'm currently sitting on the bluffs here at the Venetian Festival waiting for the fireworks to start. It's kind of cold and I'm giving serious thought to skipping out on them.

There are some new construction projects going on. They look promising. I'm not sure what some of it will be but I hope that it is recreational area.

The food continues to be both crappy and expensive. At least they aren't doing the ticketing system like the last time I was here. That was a pain. People had to buy tickets and the vendors would price everything. For example, a 20oz bottle of pop would be 2 tickets, an elephant ear would be 4 tickets, a sirloin tip meal would be 10 tickets.

Even though this a open event (no charge for admission or parking), it's a bitch getting out of the area. Other than the fireworks and the beach, there really isn't all that much it offers me that the county fair doesn't.

Still whenever I end up here. I try to find the fun it.

Comments

Stacey said…
so glad that they did away with the stupid tickets! i have done the swimming race in the lake a few times, it is fun, and that is my favorite part of the festival, when is the berrien county youth fair?
David said…
The fair is the 17th - 22nd. Will I see you there?
john said…
I don't know why, but I find that crappy fair food tastes good anyway. I love things like funnel cakes and ears of buttered corn.
David said…
You know, I didn't see a funnel cake stand there. That's weird...

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?