I'm no chef but damn, I can cook!

I put those new soup crocks to good use by making French onion soup. Despite being a little sweet for my liking, I think it was a great success. What's even better is that I did it without bothering with a cook book. I figure that it would be hard to mess up.

Here's what I did:

Cooked down 3 large onions (2 red, 1 white) with two cloves of garlic and little bit of olive oil. Once it was a nasty pile of caramelized goo, I put in a few splashes of white wine and cooked it down again. Then added 6 cups of beef broth. Heated to boil and then ladled it into the individual crocks with bread and mozzarella cheese forming a "lid." Broiled it for a few minutes and voila: a simple and tasty dinner.

Comments

Sooo-this-is-me said…
Yumm! Looks good David. Funny but the bf just asked me if I ever tried onion soup, I have not but it looks tasty!

H N Y!

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!