Friday, October 24, 2008

America

Last night I watched The West Side Story. The last time I saw that, I think was in fifth or sixth grade music class. America still remains my most favorite part of that musical.




See also: "Do they make movies like this anymore?"


h/t to krissit13 for posting this video

2 comments:

Kapitano said...

Gee Officer Krupsky...

The only time my school music lessons got interesting was an unplanned political argument sparked by the line "...if you're a white in America".

It was topped by a boy who loudly declared, "There's no racism anymore - niggers do great over there."

It took me a few seconds to get my 14-year old mind around the irony. I sometimes wonder how many others saw it.

David said...

That kid probably would have gotten hurt if he went to the elementary school that I did. But if he went to the same high school that I did, he'd probably find plenty who would agree with him.

ND vs MSU I'm Here for It!

  One of my coworkers offered to sell me her tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game. Of course, I took her up on the offer! With...