No Need for a Convention

<--See also: “My ballot may have a very interesting proposal this November.

It’s looking less likely that the proposal for a ballot proposal will succeed. The proposal may be rejected for the ballot because it calls for too many changes to the constitution. Opponents would say that it would be better to call for a Constitutional Convention. The previous two votes to hold a convention failed to get approval from Michiganders. The next vote will be in 2010 and I doubt that the citizens of Michigan are going to want to hold one then either.

I personally do not care to scrap the existing constitution. I believe that we are just fine and can work with what we got. So the amendments will continue. One step at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!