That Cubicle Was Not Meant for Me

I got a mix bag of news today. I have been booted out of my cubicle at work. At least they gave me a few weeks notice though. Sadly, I will not be staying with the accounting crew. I suspect that I probably won’t even stay in the head admin offices.

My temp boss (I’m still officially in another department) came up to me and asked me if my real boss, C, or anyone above her up to MG, had said anything to me about where I’d be going. Since the contract with Fruit Inc was not renewed, most of the people in my department have either been fired or farmed out to other projects. Out of the 100+ positions that were being held this summer, about ten of us are left and even then, Fruit may only be part of the day’s work. I, for instance, only work on it for 3 ½ hours a day before I transfer to accounting. Really, the only thing that has kept me in the Fruit project is because they need me for accounting. Any other project would demand my complete day’s work and probably at another building. When the accounting gig is up, I don’t know what will happen to me.

I told my temp boss that no one has talked to me about whether I was going to go back to my department full time or if they were going to transfer me. She as well as the two staff members I work with were surprised. Apparently C had asked them how much longer accounting needed me. It’s suspected that they already have something planned for me. The good news is that I may not be going back to doing grunt work. Apparently, I’ve been noticed enough that they may put me into an admin position.

If I could imagine what it would be, I think that it might be Loss Control. M. re-upped with the Marines and so he had to quit his position. His wife, H, might be going with him as soon as they decide whether he will go for training in California or Japan. So I might get her job too—which I have no idea what that is.

I am optimistic that things are finally looking more secure for me despite the fact that I will be changing positions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?