Stir Fried Thoughts

I’m struggling to find something to write about. I don’t know what’s been up with me lately but I’ve just been pretty damn apathetic about everything. It’s not that I’m in a bad mood but I don’t feel like I have the energy to care and I think it will reflect in this post which will be a case of blogarrhea on what I’ve been doing or thinking this past week.

The job is going well so far. I’ve been helping out in the accounting office. I like it a lot and I feel at home there. I don’t know what my coworkers there are saying half the time but I’m getting my feet wet and learning as I go. A nice benefit is that I’m in close quarters with the upper management. As silly as this sounds, I’ve shaken hands and traded greetings with the CFO. The head of HR knows I exist. Even M is talking to me and she knows my name.

I’m still officially in data capture and I asked my supervisor C what the deal is with this temporary duty. I’m getting conflicting signals whether this will lead to a more permanent position or if this really is temporary. I’m tempted to start decorating my cubicle but I don’t want to get too comfortable, you know?

If I stay on further in the accounting department, it would definitely help me if I want to get into grad school. The experience is a huge bonus and I think that C understands that I want more than what my current position can offer me. If I ask, I think I could get a letter of recommendation from her.

My sister was here for a few days as she was on spring break. We took her back to Kalamazoo last night because she had to work before the dorms opened back up. I took the opportunity to tag along and see what her place looked like. I was amused to see a Twister mat on her wall and next to her bed. Assume the position! Right hand, yellow. Left hand, blue. Right foot, green. The sick games kids play. :-P

The birthday dinner came a little early as we went to BD’s Mongolian Barbeque. The last time I had Mongolian BBQ was when I went to the one in Okemos (near MSU). I like the place although I seemed to remember it differently. The one in Kzoo was alright but it lacked the fun atmosphere that the one in MSU had. Perhaps it was because it was an off night. Still a show with flying eggs and utensils would have been nice.
*Not my picture

I’ve decided against going to a lingerie party that I was invited to. Although being a gay friend to a girl has its advantages, I don’t think that I should be taking advantage of this one. It’s just too weird. From me being in my sleepwear, being around girls in theirs, buying lingerie and playing those games girls play. Nah, I think it’s better that I just show up to the wedding.

The tux rental for the wedding is going to be $130. Does this mean that I’m allowed to get a cheap wedding gift?

Yeah, I didn’t think so either.

So the presidents of Columbia, Venezuela, and Ecuador are pulling out their dicks to see how they measure up. Does this mean war? Probably not but once again, it’s America’s fault! [Sigh] I say that America should just sit back and let them kill each other off. Screw the stability argument. I’m tired of caring what the rest of the world does, thinks, wants or needs. I’m selfish and I want to know if my job is going to be around next month.

Michigan wants to raise the gas tax another 9 cents a gallon. This is on top of the current 19 cents per gallon and the federal gas tax at 18.4 cents per gallon. Oh but here’s the kicker—we also have double taxation with a 6% sales tax—even on the tax just paid. I guess the Wal-mart gas station in Indiana will be seeing a lot more of me. Their gas is already lower than Michigan’s.

Speaking of taxes, since the Michigan legislature voted to expand the sales tax, recall petitions for various districts have been started. Lawmakers are calling it a distraction. Well, if it’s gonna distract them from raising taxes yet again, then I say bring it on.

C’mon you democrats, would you just choose one already?!

DNC Chairman Howard Dean wants to find a way to seat Michigan and Florida’s delegates at the convention. Hmmm, although she didn’t win any voting delegates, Hillary Clinton won both those states. Michigan Governor Granholm wants to do a do-over election. Swell. How much is that gonna cost us?

On a lighter note, I’m a little lighter. Yay me.

Comments

Kristel said…
You're so dirty :P
David said…
I'm the dirty one?
Kristel said…
I'd definitely call thinking that my Twister mat (that's on a wall!) is some sort of sex toy/game dirty.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?