Geeze, another one?

New York Governor Eliot Spitzer has been accused of hiring a prostitute. Spitzer, identified as Client 9 from a federal wire tap, hired the prostitute from Emperors Club VIP while on a trip to Washington, D.C. He called a news conference today to "apologize."

I could go on about how this guy should resign blah blah blah but what use does it do? People like him, President Clinton, Senators Craig and Vitter, and Mayor Kilpatrick just seem to stay on.

I think that Spitzer, who is no doubt well versed in the law, is going to survive this. I'm not sure Justice will want to go up against him unless what they have against him is rock solid. Do they have that? We'll have to see.

Article here.


UPDATE: 1830 EDT 03/12/2008


Wow. I am surprised. There were rumors the other night that he was going to resign today. Gov. Spitzer was the topic of a number of conversations at work today with many people trashing him and his behavior. In particular, we were all talking about how crappy this had to be for his wife. I did tell them that I did have to give him credit for resigning. Whether he did it for the right reason or a fishy reason doesn't really concern me. It's enough that he vacated the office. My hopes and well wishes go to the Lt. Governor who will now be taking over.

Comments

Cardinal said…
You forgot Gingrich.

If Spitzer doesn't resign, I could see him still running for president in '12 or '16. Sex scandals don't stick, unless, of course, you're Sen. Craig. Then you're just creepy.
David said…
Actually, I didn't. Gingrich resigned. Although I will grant you that his infidelity wasn't the reason why he he resigned but it was part of a whole body of issues that caused the Republicans to view him as a liability.

Spitzer doesn't have a chance for a future presidential run. Then again, I said that about Hillary too... [sigh]What a world we live in.
Cardinal said…
I was just teasing. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?