I don't do the speech anymore.

Honestly, I forgot that this was National Coming Out Day until I ran through the blogs. What a coincidence that I also came out to a coworker today. Well not really. Just told a girl, who was complaining about her cheating boyfriend and those who were in earshot.

She said, "I want to kick him out but his name is also on the lease."

"If my man cheated on me, I'd throw his ass out and burn his stuff. Screw the lease."

Everyone around me stops and another coworker, Katie, who was referencing a previous conversation said, "...I thought you said you were a Republican."

"You're right. I'd shoot him."

Comments

Sooo-this-is-me said…
Hahaha! Well I guess that is one way to come out! I was talking with a friend that I just came out to last week and I said it amazed me with how we think being gay is such a huge deal but most friends are like "meh what ever I don't care if you are gay or not" all that worry for nothing!

Steven.
David said…
It's been that way for many of the people that I've come out to. I haven't done a "speech" to anyone since my sister and I prefer just slipping it into casual conversations. Seeing the light bulb turn on is a kick.
Kristel said…
Did I make a light bulb? ^^'

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?