Does anyone want to see this movie?

I've been looking forward to seeing Elizabeth: The Golden Age since I saw the trailer for it a couple months ago. I was hoping to see it on premier night but things didn't work out for Erin. So I thought that I could wait until this week to see it. Turns out again, that she couldn't do it until next week. Too long of a wait for me. I went through the address book and texted every girl that I knew. All of them either said they couldn't, wouldn't, or didn't reply. I even considered contacting my former stalker but I thought that it might be going a little too far. So I went alone.

Yup. That's me in the theater. Alone with only a minute to go before the movie started. Yeah, I had the whole theater to myself. Never had that happen before.

Warning: Possible spoilers ahead.



Elizabeth: The Golden Age didn't live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a good movie but it wasn't the great movie I thought it would be. The first movie, Elizabeth, was superb. It had a focus which was the rise of Queen Elizabeth. Focus is lacking in the sequel. I identified three stories (lack of a better word). There was the relationship with Sir Walter Raleigh, the intrigue concerning Mary, Queen of Scots, and her execution which brings the Spanish Armada. It's all connected, but as a viewer, it seemed like the movie was glossing over them. There wasn't any depth. What was the point about her relationship with Raleigh? What more should I know about Mary, Queen of Scots? (Believe me, there was a lot missing) And the naval battle with the Spanish Armada, was there supposed to be some emotional impact? I didn't feel any. I think that this movie bit off more than it could chew.

Still, if you like these kind of movies, it is still a good movie to watch. I love political backstabbing so Walsingham's "web" was something I appreciated.

Comments

Kristel said…
If you could find the name of this or even what language it's in... I'd be soooo happy. Don't mind the sound effects towards the end, it's recorded straight from the trailer of Final Fantasy versus XIII.

http://finalfantasyversusxiii.net/soundtrack/FFVersusXIII_E32006_Trailer_Audio.mp3
Minge said…
You should see this:

http://tinyurl.com/25fqj6

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?