I need a fast week here.

Normal posting doesn’t resume for about another week but I needed to get this post in here. I swear if I make it to Tuesday without a complete melt-down…

Uncle Jeff is coming up from South Carolina soon. Dad is going to be holding a mini-reunion for him along with the rest of their siblings (Uncle Kenny, Uncle Art, and Aunt Julie). Of course the family matriarch would not miss seeing all her children in one place, so Grandma is going to be there as well. I may duck out.

My sister has given me warning that I’m probably going to be ambushed. Aunt Julie has been probing for gossip on my love life. Grandma has been asking my dad. In fact, Grandma even cornered me at last year’s Christmas party. Thankfully, Aunt Jessica (Uncle Art’s wife) deflected some of the attention for me. During Uncle Jeff’s last visit a couple years ago, he was talking about his son and how he was worried that he didn’t seem to have a girlfriend. (His son is younger than me by over a year.) I think that I might avoid their questions if I lock myself in my room. Leaving won’t be an option, believe me.

As I have mentioned on Peering, if I am asked about my orientation, I will tell them. I just prefer to avoid the question at all costs. That position has got me terrified for another reason though. Say Grandma and Aunt Julie corners me and starts the inquisition, I may just out myself to the entire family. Oh, what a mess that will be. On one hand, my dad might not flip out in front of the family. On the other, it robs everyone of a more civilized coming-out experience with the exception of my sister who will probably be in a corner with the camera. In any event, I’m moving the rifle from its location and hiding it.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hang in there. Remember, it is easy to make things so much worse in your head, bouncing around in there...

:)
David said…
^I really hope that it's my brain going into overdrive and I'm trying to force myself into calming down. I just need to make it to Tuesday.
Anonymous said…
Tell everyone you are thinking about being a munk. Then people will get in to that whole religious conversation and it will defer "love" issues.

Trust me. It works.
Moncrief Speaks said…
Inject yourself with the flu virus if you really want to avoid the event.

Gah, why are straight people so obsessed with "having a girlfriend" and knowing who you're dating. Breed! Breed! Breed! Couple! Couple! Couple! It's so tired.
David said…
@Byron: I've already entertained the possibility of going into the priesthood. I'd rather not go down that road again. But you know... whatever works.

@Moncrief: I would if I could get over it by the next day. Sadly, I need a whole boat load of luck, good karma, and health that day. Fairy dust probably wouldn't hurt either.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?