I don't believe in tarot cards. I don't believe...

After seeing the fourth blogger with this "meme," I thought I had to join in on it too.


You are the Hanged Man


Self-sacrifice, Sacrifice, Devotion, Bound.


With the Hanged man there is often a sense of fatalism, waiting for something to happen. Or a fear of
loss from a situation, rather than gain.


The Hanged Man is perhaps the most fascinating card in the deck. It reflects the story of Odin who offered himself as a sacrifice in order to gain knowledge. Hanging from the world tree, wounded by a spear, given no bread or mead, he hung for nine days. On the last day, he saw on the ground runes that had fallen from the tree, understood their meaning, and, coming down, scooped them up for his own. All knowledge is to be found in these runes.


The Hanged Man, in similar fashion, is a card about suspension, not life or death. It signifies selflessness, sacrifice and prophecy. You make yourself vulnerable and in doing so, gain illumination. You see the world differently, with almost mystical insights.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.



Huh? Is this correct? Sounds kinda grim. I want a retest.

Comments

Kapitano said…
I'm The Hermit

"Prudence, Caution, Deliberation.

The Hermit points to all things hidden, such as knowledge and inspiration,hidden enemies. The illumination is from within, and retirement from participation in current events.

The Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis and, well, virginity. You do not desire to socialize; the card indicates, instead, a desire for peace and solitude. You prefer to take the time to think, organize, ruminate, take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent but these feelings eventually lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity.

The Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist. This a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing."


But according to the "which muppet are you" test I'm Animal. Odd how there isn't a Blogthings meme for being skeptical of memes.
Leo Carioca said…
This card is really one of the most fascinating, because it has many meanings.
It can even symbolize a person who can see an unusual way to solve a problem.
Anonymous said…
I used to be well into that typa stuff.. now I'm highly sceptical... don't know what to say really except I had a clear out yesterday and found random tarot cards in the unlikeliest places!!

Great blog ... I do blogs as well. My main one's gledwood2.blogspot. You're welcome to drop by and have a peruse of my online diary ... I've got Gabbly there as well and am arranging a realtime online chat tonight so if you're interested, do drop by!

All the best

Gleds

Gledwood Vol 2
David said…
Kapitano, I think you got my card. I can't remember if I've done the Muppet one. It sounds familiar but I have a suspicion that I'd end up as Oscar the Grouch.

Carioca, Are you familiar with Tarot Cards? Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. I'd do the same for you but unfortunately, I know pretty much only English. But... pictures convey more than words ever could. ha.
David said…
Gledwood, ya snuck in here right under my nose. I will have a look. Thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?