Lacking That Easter Joy

I had plans for today. In the morning, I was going to accompany my parents to church. Despite my excommunication, I thought that I could at least symbolically show my connection to the invisible church. After church, the rest of my day would consist of laundry and doing my taxes. Well, like last year, my parents ditched me and I ended up with no energy to do my taxes. I managed to get the laundry done at least.

For the past few days, I have been feeling like a big pile of blah. Even Erin’s party, last night, couldn’t break me out of the funk. And I got more action last night than I have in almost twenty years! (Well if you count a kiss as action.) Today was just a continuation with my day consisting of washing loads of laundry and reading a book from start to finish. Yup, that’s pretty much it.

Mom made ham for dinner. It’s a tradition that I wouldn’t mind never experiencing again. I hate ham. Hate it. They know it and they give me grief about it. Sorry, Mom, Dad, but I just don’t like the taste. Period. The explanation is as simple as that and yet they want more. I opted for some leftovers that have been threatening to go bad for a couple days now. I’ll know by tomorrow morning if that was a good idea or not.

Comments

Moncrief Speaks said…
How long till you can move out and live on your own? This doesn't sound like a particularly healthy situation.
David said…
^I wish it were tomorrow.

How's the job market in the Twin Cities?
Moncrief Speaks said…
Fantastic, actually. We have a thriving economy.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?