My Brain Won't Go

I’ve been dealing with a severe case of blogstipation these past couple days. Although there have been plenty of news stories to comment on, they haven’t caught enough interest for me to do so. I thought that I’d give a hodgepodge post of what’s been happening.

The scary stalkish trip to Panera Bread on the south side proved to be a disappointment. My boss accompanied me so that she could see what this guy looked like so she was probably disappointed as well. Maybe not so much, though. I wish he would post his work schedule.

Laura suggested that I go to Chicago this summer for Pride. I’m thinking about it. There are a few logistical problems that I would have to work out first.

Erin brought a friend from work named Chris into class on Wednesday night. He seems pretty nice and he said that he may come to class again next week. I did have to deduct a point when he gave me that “look” when Erin outed me as a Republican.

I’m going over to the Banana to personally track down Julie, the manager. I purposely try to avoid blogging about work on this blog, but I work for a snake. In this world there are few people I truly hate. Scott, the owner, is one of them. I won’t go into it here, but certain actions are driving me away from my job. I love my new manager, but I don’t want to work in this environment anymore where I would love to jab a pen though someone’s eye. I don’t get paid enough for this crap. So I may stick it out until my one year is up and then I’ll make a full transition to the Banana (assuming I get the job). But hopefully, I’ll find something full time by then.

My previous manager, Tracee, sued Scott. She told me yesterday that he settled.

In a random act of kindness, someone stuck a Spartan S log on my car windshield the other day. Looking at my car, I you can definitely tell that I’m more than just a fan of State. It’s cool that another Spartan left me a little gift.

I’ve been running outside at the River Park. I do so much better outside than I do on the indoor track. At the indoor track, I do eleven laps (1 1/10 mile) before I have to stop and walk. At the River Park, I can bang out 1 ¾ of a mile with no problem. Yesterday I managed 2 miles with only a short walk maybe twenty feet at the one mile turn around and then a stop to stretch out a muscle that was bothering me at the 1 ¾ mark. The rest was—a sort of thing you might call running.

Have you seen the new one dollar coins? Key Bank doesn’t have them so I had pretty much given up on receiving one. Unlike the new quarters, no one uses dollar coins so it’s not like I can hope that I find one in my till. Well, some one did use dollar coins and I managed to snag two of them. Personally, I would want to see the dollar bill replaced with the dollar coin. I’m all for the government trimming costs.

And that’s pretty much it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?