Unwind

With the new and outstanding loans, I haven’t been doing much in the way of recreation since most of the money that I’m making is for paying down the debt. But a person can’t stay cooped up in the house and at work for so long. Last Saturday night was my night that I was going to do something fun.

I still had to work a shift on Saturday so I was going to arrive at Erin’s party a little late. That night, I was also training a new hire. Not to be mean but this new girl can not count. For example, she had to give back 47 cents in change to a customer. I watched her pull out two dimes, a nickel, and two pennies. If you think that is bad enough, watching her fill out the closing sheet (where you count everything) is like having your teeth pulled. Eventually, she got it squared away and we were able to leave. I would have gone straight to the party but I needed to get some gas ($2.04/gal!) and stop by the ATM. Then I would have to hope that I didn’t get jacked as I made my way through the Niles ghetto.

Erin’s place actually isn’t too bad. It sits by the high school, across from a residential gas station, across from a parking lot, and two buildings away from a bar. So it’s really easy for her to have guests and keep them entertained. At first, there didn’t appear to be many people there but they were in the basement playing beer pong. But in the upstairs living room, I saw Amanda (Erin’s sister) and her friend Karl. Karl! I hadn’t expected to see him. Of course, a picture needed to be taken of Amanda’s “homo friends.” Amanda’s boyfriend was there and I was introduced to him. He seems like a very good guy. He’s a Michigan fan, but I won’t hold it against him.

Downstairs, a bunch of people were getting done playing beer pong. As they were setting up the next round, I talked with Justin, Carrie’s husband. He’s looking for some pharm techs at his place and said that if I was interested, I should check it out. Well, if it pays more than my current job—hell yes! Bonus if it’s full time with health benefits. Sign me up. Around this time Kraig and Stacey showed up. Always good to see them. Thankfully they showed up to take the next round of beer pong. I didn’t want to play. The game actually grosses me out.

Instead, I went for the 4 Kings table. There was a large group so we used two decks. I had no clue how to play. I just went along with it. Drank when I was told which was pretty much every time someone picked up a card. Fucking waterfall. God, I hated that card – especially if I had to drink after Bobby and Kevin.

Sporting a little buzz, I went with a few of what was left of the crew to the bar. Mainly to kill off the buzz before I drove home. The place was small but it was packed in a bit. There wasn’t room for us so we made our way to a back room where we found dip and chips. Food! Glorious food! It was dark so I took a little bit of every dip they offered. Holy cow, there was this one that was so freaking good. It looked like French onion and even tasted a little like it but it wasn’t. It was probably spinach. (How long is E. Coli incubation?)

While we were there, Kraig and Stacey, whom I haven’t seen since their wedding, complimented me on my dress at their wedding. (Umm, don’t read the previous sentence the wrong way.) Seriously, they also noticed that their wedding guests—particularly from Kraig’s side-were dressed down. Stacey looked genuinely pleased that I looked great. Even Kraig said that I had a cool shirt. Well… you know… I aim to please. :-)

Erin hasn’t told me, but I think she’s dating this Reggie guy. I think his name is Reggie, at least. I like him. Definitely, I like him more than that Will guy she was seeing earlier.

I made my home around 2:30 that night. I wasn’t 100% sure if I should drive but most of my drinking was done at midnight. It probably wasn’t my smartest decision ever but I did drive home. What a great way to end the month. I just wish I could have at least made it to the Apple Festival this year. Oh well, there’s always next…

Comments

Anonymous said…
And you say that I'm the bad one? Psh, heheh, jk. Just be careful though dude. Glad you're still having fun :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?