What's Your Soundtrack?

I found another interesting meme type thingie. It's a little different than the ones I usually come across and I thought it was kind of cool. Hat tip to Patrick. Because I'm always up for posting embarassing things about myself, I decided to give it a go. Feel free to judge me based on the music I listen to. (Thank God, the more embarassing stuff didn't come up.)

Here's how it works:
For some reason, Hollywood has decided that the story of your life MUST be told. Of course, all good movies need a soundtrack... Open your music player (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, etc), or mp3 player. Put it on shuffle. Press play. For every question type the song that's playing. When you go to a new question press the next button (you can't skip more than once - no cheating!). See if your soundtrack will go platinum....or not.

The Soundtrack of My Life

Opening Credits: “Bolero” by Canadian Brass
Waking Up: "Rain" by Madonna
Falling in Love: "This Is How a Heart Breaks” by Rob Thomas
Fight Scene: "Freedom theme” from the movie, Braveheart
Breaking Up: "Streets of Philadelphia” by Bruce Springsteen
Getting Back Together: "Mad Tea Party” from the Disney movie, Alice in Wonderland
Life's Okay: "Hands Clean” by Alanis Morissette
Mental Breakdown: "Don’t Think of Me” by Dido
Driving Scene: "Yakety Yak” by The Coasters
Flashbacks of Days Gone By: "Porcelain” by Moby
Dance Scene: "DeLessepps’ Dance” from the movie, Shakespeare in Love
Regretting: "Diana” by Paul Anka
Long Night Alone: "Oh Holy Night” by the Vienna Boys Choir
Final Battle: "Like Lovers” by Texas
Death Scene: "Ooh Ahh…Just a little bit” by Gina G
Ending Credits: "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine” by The Killers


That’s going to be one fraked up movie. Platinum? I think not. But… I’d buy it.
  • Falling in Love was probably spot on.
  • The Getting Back Together scene should be quite interesting.
  • Although “Yakety Yak” is a pretty active song, I don’t think it’s quite a driving song.
  • Apparently, I’m going to be doing some old-world moves on the dance floor. It’s kind of odd that that particular song came up. Even more since I remember talking about the movie recently on another blog.
  • My Long Night Alone seems to be very… well--- yeah.
  • But, my death scene looks like it’s going to be fun.

Comments

PJS said…
What a fun meme! I'll play:

Opening Credits: “Why Do the Wrong People Travel” by Elaine Stritch
Waking Up: "Let it Snow" by Elaine Stritch
Falling in Love: "Pure Energy” by Information Society
Fight Scene: "Sneakin Around” from the movie, Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Breaking Up: "Islands in the Stream” by Kenny & Dolly
Getting Back Together: "My Kinda Lover” by Billy Squier
Life's Okay: "Where is my Mind” by The Pixies
Mental Breakdown: "The Visitors” by Abba
Driving Scene: "It's True that we Love One Another” by The White Stripes
Flashbacks of Days Gone By: "Brand New Key” by Melanie
Dance Scene: "Somethin' Stupid” by Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman
Regretting: "Man in Motion” by John Parr
Long Night Alone: "Lovefool” by the Cardigans
Final Battle: "It's a Lovely, Lovely World” by Carl Smith
Death Scene: "Without You” by the Dixie Chicks
Ending Credits: "That's What You Get for Lovin' Me” by Peter, Paul, and Mary
John Provis said…
"The embarrassing stuff didn't come up" - so you have something more embarrassing than "Ooh Aah Just A Little Bit" by Gina G? (Not one of Australia's greatest musical exports... I apologise to the whole of the rest of the world on behalf of my country)
Unknown said…
John, it could have been a lot worse.
john said…
I like the song "Diana" by Paul Anka.
I'll post my answers on my blog!!!
David said…
I'm waiting. :-P
John Provis said…
For what it's worth, here's mine:

Opening Credits: Count To Ten - The Vandals
Waking Up: LDN - Lily Allen
Falling in Love: Crystal Frontier - Calexico
Fight Scene: Trees - Pulp
Breaking Up: Placebo Headwound - Flaming Lips
Getting Back Together: Cherry Blossom Girl - Air
Life's Okay: Someday - The Strokes
Mental Breakdown: This Is Such A Pity - Weezer
Driving Scene: Smile - Lily Allen
Flashbacks of Days Gone By: The Everlasting - Manic Street Preachers
Dance Scene: Rhythm & Blues Alibi - Gomez
Regretting: Song For The Dumped - Ben Folds Five
Long Night Alone: Down To Sea - Doves
Final Battle: Another First Kiss - They Might Be Giants
Death Scene: Burn Baby Burn - Ash
Ending Credits: Thinking About You - Radiohead

Could be an interesting death scene...

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?