Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What's Your Soundtrack?

I found another interesting meme type thingie. It's a little different than the ones I usually come across and I thought it was kind of cool. Hat tip to Patrick. Because I'm always up for posting embarassing things about myself, I decided to give it a go. Feel free to judge me based on the music I listen to. (Thank God, the more embarassing stuff didn't come up.)

Here's how it works:
For some reason, Hollywood has decided that the story of your life MUST be told. Of course, all good movies need a soundtrack... Open your music player (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, etc), or mp3 player. Put it on shuffle. Press play. For every question type the song that's playing. When you go to a new question press the next button (you can't skip more than once - no cheating!). See if your soundtrack will go platinum....or not.

The Soundtrack of My Life

Opening Credits: “Bolero” by Canadian Brass
Waking Up: "Rain" by Madonna
Falling in Love: "This Is How a Heart Breaks” by Rob Thomas
Fight Scene: "Freedom theme” from the movie, Braveheart
Breaking Up: "Streets of Philadelphia” by Bruce Springsteen
Getting Back Together: "Mad Tea Party” from the Disney movie, Alice in Wonderland
Life's Okay: "Hands Clean” by Alanis Morissette
Mental Breakdown: "Don’t Think of Me” by Dido
Driving Scene: "Yakety Yak” by The Coasters
Flashbacks of Days Gone By: "Porcelain” by Moby
Dance Scene: "DeLessepps’ Dance” from the movie, Shakespeare in Love
Regretting: "Diana” by Paul Anka
Long Night Alone: "Oh Holy Night” by the Vienna Boys Choir
Final Battle: "Like Lovers” by Texas
Death Scene: "Ooh Ahh…Just a little bit” by Gina G
Ending Credits: "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine” by The Killers


That’s going to be one fraked up movie. Platinum? I think not. But… I’d buy it.
  • Falling in Love was probably spot on.
  • The Getting Back Together scene should be quite interesting.
  • Although “Yakety Yak” is a pretty active song, I don’t think it’s quite a driving song.
  • Apparently, I’m going to be doing some old-world moves on the dance floor. It’s kind of odd that that particular song came up. Even more since I remember talking about the movie recently on another blog.
  • My Long Night Alone seems to be very… well--- yeah.
  • But, my death scene looks like it’s going to be fun.

6 comments:

PJS said...

What a fun meme! I'll play:

Opening Credits: “Why Do the Wrong People Travel” by Elaine Stritch
Waking Up: "Let it Snow" by Elaine Stritch
Falling in Love: "Pure Energy” by Information Society
Fight Scene: "Sneakin Around” from the movie, Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Breaking Up: "Islands in the Stream” by Kenny & Dolly
Getting Back Together: "My Kinda Lover” by Billy Squier
Life's Okay: "Where is my Mind” by The Pixies
Mental Breakdown: "The Visitors” by Abba
Driving Scene: "It's True that we Love One Another” by The White Stripes
Flashbacks of Days Gone By: "Brand New Key” by Melanie
Dance Scene: "Somethin' Stupid” by Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman
Regretting: "Man in Motion” by John Parr
Long Night Alone: "Lovefool” by the Cardigans
Final Battle: "It's a Lovely, Lovely World” by Carl Smith
Death Scene: "Without You” by the Dixie Chicks
Ending Credits: "That's What You Get for Lovin' Me” by Peter, Paul, and Mary

John Provis said...

"The embarrassing stuff didn't come up" - so you have something more embarrassing than "Ooh Aah Just A Little Bit" by Gina G? (Not one of Australia's greatest musical exports... I apologise to the whole of the rest of the world on behalf of my country)

Unknown said...

John, it could have been a lot worse.

john said...

I like the song "Diana" by Paul Anka.
I'll post my answers on my blog!!!

David said...

I'm waiting. :-P

John Provis said...

For what it's worth, here's mine:

Opening Credits: Count To Ten - The Vandals
Waking Up: LDN - Lily Allen
Falling in Love: Crystal Frontier - Calexico
Fight Scene: Trees - Pulp
Breaking Up: Placebo Headwound - Flaming Lips
Getting Back Together: Cherry Blossom Girl - Air
Life's Okay: Someday - The Strokes
Mental Breakdown: This Is Such A Pity - Weezer
Driving Scene: Smile - Lily Allen
Flashbacks of Days Gone By: The Everlasting - Manic Street Preachers
Dance Scene: Rhythm & Blues Alibi - Gomez
Regretting: Song For The Dumped - Ben Folds Five
Long Night Alone: Down To Sea - Doves
Final Battle: Another First Kiss - They Might Be Giants
Death Scene: Burn Baby Burn - Ash
Ending Credits: Thinking About You - Radiohead

Could be an interesting death scene...

ND vs MSU I'm Here for It!

  One of my coworkers offered to sell me her tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game. Of course, I took her up on the offer! With...