Life With Others

Are you aware of the song, “How to Save a Life” by The Fray? I recently downloaded it. It expresses what I feel about a friend who I wish made better choices. To an extent it can apply to two friends. Now they are both largely out of my life which is good for me. Yet, I still wish we could still walk together. I wish I knew what I could have done for them.

“How to Save a Life” by The Fray

Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And I pray to God he hears you
And I pray to God he hears you

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came
On some more positive notes, I’m looking forward to Saturday night. There’s going to be a “get together” at Erin’s that will, in some way, have something to do with the Apple Festival which takes place a few blocks from her house. (YES, free parking!) I told her that I might be a little late. To which she replied, “That’s fine, you’ll just have a little catching up to do.” Please, God, let’s not get drunk at the beer tent.

Carrie and Justin are also hosting a Halloween party. I believe it’s on the 28th. Not sure if it will be costume. But, I’m willing to take suggestions.

It looks like the GR Bar Crawl may be postponed till November. It should be a blast and it will be interesting to see Karl again. Assuming he’s still on good terms with the rest of the gang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?