Marriage, it happens even to the best of us.

An invitation to Laurie and Jed’s wedding arrived in the mail the other day. Believe me, that is one billion times better than the ones that I receive from Capital One, Michigan State University Federal Credit Union, and the like.

It’s quite an honor to be invited. I wondered how long it would be before some of my classmates got married. Even though it has been almost six years since we left high school, it still feels like yesterday. –Okay, maybe not quite yesterday but you get the idea. Perhaps I’m still clinging to the idea that we are still too young. Or maybe it’s just me feeling as if everyone is passing me by.

My own relationship issues (rather, a lack of) are my doing. I’m not going to get anywhere if I don’t step up to the plate and play the game am I?

Even though marriage is no where to be found in my foreseeable future, I still have hope that I will make it there some day. And if not—it’s not a total loss. I’m determined that I will make a contribution to this society, more than just selling stuff.

More on the actual wedding subject to come at a later today. But for now... Congrats you two!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks Dave!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?