I would be interested. (No. Not really.)

I had a talk with the company president the other day in regards to my promotion to assistant manager. Now I am considering quitting this job. The president cornered me. He wants me to accept assistant manager as a lead in to becoming a store manager. Although, I can appreciate him looking out for his company, I do not want to become a store manager. I want to go back to school and this job is supposed to tide me over until I can get in. I know that I can do something more than retail management and I want the opportunity to do it. So I am horribly PO'd that I am being expected to eventually become a store manager. No offense to those out there, but I don't find the job appealing and it doesn't pay well.

I leave for Muncie, Indiana at the end of the month for a week where I will start in my new position.

Comments

David said…
Right. What is retail manager's life like? Complete and utter stress. I'm glad that you were able to avoid it. :)
Anonymous said…
So I am hoping that you will be back by the 10th for my wedding. Please say that you will be.
David said…
^Don't worry, I'll be here for your day. You might have to sit me at the singles table though. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?