This Filipino Hates Snow!

Ah, I love Michigan. It feels like it is the only place on Earth where the weather will be warm and sunny just hours before a blizzard dumps half a foot of snow on ya! When my dad went out this morning he said that the gas lines in his truck had frozen. So I grabbed a bottle of Heat incase the same thing happened to me. It didn't really start snowing until I actually got to work, though. When we left at one, we had to spend almost half an hour digging out our cars! I was afraid that I would have to go back into the store and buy a shovel. The only ones on the road on the ride home were the snow plows, some semis and me. A couple times I had to go drive on the wrong side of the road because it had been plowed while the lane I was supposed to be in wasn't touched. It was a mess but driving 35mph got me home safe.

The first picture is a group of us taking a break, wishing that we could just go home. The store was dead. Those few people who actually came to the store in weather like this should have been drug out into the street and shot.

From left to right would be Penny (my friend, Adam's mom), Beverly (who usually has an outrageous hat on), and Ms. Sally. Facing away from me is Sue, and the one taking a nap is Joni.

The second picture is the second truck we had to unload that night. Sue in the truck "throwing" and Joni, Jamie, and I on the line removing the boxes and putting them on skids.

The last picture would be of my arriving home--half an hour past my usual time. It's going to look beautiful in the morning--when I'll probably be shoveling.
I can't wait until we go to Florida...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?