Kaput

I called some friends to see if they wanted to go to the fair last night. The circus was in town and the latest show was at seven. No one wanted to go or couldn't go. Alright, fine. I'd still have time to drag my grandma who I knew was going to be there but wasn't sure if she was planning on going to the circus. Well I left around six. I would have had plenty of time if my car didn't crap out on me. I was making a left in Buchanan when this sreeching, grinding sound started up. I stopped up at a local market and checked out the sound. I figured that it must be serious and I didn't want to risk making the trip to Berrien Springs just to attend a circus show. So I turned back and headed for home. I didn't get far. My power steering went out. The battery light turned on. And the temp gauge showed that my engine was rapidly heating up. So I pulled into this parking spot right by the post office and police station. I called my father because he knows more about car stuff than I do.

At first, I figured that I might have cracked the engine block. The last issue with the car was an oil leakage. Now, I could understand if the oil sensor was on the fritz. But shouldn't the temp gauge have tipped me off? Plus, why would my power steering be affected? So I wasn't entirely sure that it was that.

So now the Saturn has been towed to the dealership. No word yet on what's wrong with it. I'm not looking forward to the news. Hopefully it will be the cheapest problem. I'm hoping that Dad decides to say "fuck it" and turn it in. I've got some money saved up. I could use a new (read: used) car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?