Senator Durbin (D-IL) Apologizes

Illinois Senator Dick Durbin apologized for his remarks regarding the soldiers at Guantanamo Bay. He has been under pressure from the republicans and even by a few of his fellow democrats to apologize for comparing U.S. soldiers to Nazis. Chicago Mayor Richard Daley called on him to apologize. Could it be because Daley’s son is in the military? Last week he refused to apologize saying that his comments were taken out of context. I’m not so sure. Looking at the Record, his words were pretty bad and if I was in the military, I would be offended.

Truthfully, I didn’t care if he apologized or not. I don’t have a high opinion of him anyways and anything he said would have fallen on deaf ears. But his “apology” today made me even more enraged. Those fake tears and wavering voice… give me a break! Your “apology” wasn’t even an apology. Translated, he said, “I apologize if you were offended.” Nothing new from what he said last week. Kiss my grits Eddie Haskell*.

*Watch “Leave it to Beaver” and you’ll understand why radio host Terri O’Brien calls Senator Durbin that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?