Cardinal Sin

Cardinal Sin, the former Archbishop of Manila died early Tuesday (or late Monday, for those in America.) He was 76.
As I had indicated when Pope John Paul II passed away, I don't agree with the church on a lot of issues. I've even been guilty of saying not-so-nice things about the two earning a strong rebuke from my mom. I've actually been harder on Cardinal Sin (couldn't he have changed his name?) Mostly because I felt that he was overly political and advocated policy that was far too conservative--even for my taste. I mean c'mon... no divorce or birth control or dare I say abortion? It makes me think that the Roman Catholic Church has got an iron grip on the country and to me, that's not necessarily a good thing.

My social views may have differed with the Cardinal but I can still admire someone who clearly has more faith than I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?