A Tuesday night

I came back from work today and saw that my parents were gone and my sister was just leaving. I go up to my sister and ask where Mom and Dad are and she said that they were at some special dinner. My dad was accepted into some honor society. I’m not sure what it was. I notice that she’s primping a little more than usual so I ask her what she was up to.

“I’m going to Curt’s.”

Curt… otherwise known as #1. There are so many guys that she knows that sometimes a designation is just easier. I like to rib her about when she leaves to go visit him just because of what our mom says about it. She’s a little conservative when it comes to my sister’s behavior. In her view, the boyfriend should be visiting her, not the other way around. Mom wonders that other people are thinking that Kris is acting like the boy in this relationship- as odd as that sounds. But the situation suits me just fine; I’d rather not know that she and him are having a make-out session in the next room.

With everyone gone, I just head back out to find some fast food. The leftovers weren’t too appetizing. There wasn’t much that I had an appetite for so I just headed for Hardee’s, a place that I haven’t been to since they were changed into a Carl’s Jr. clone. I tried one of their 1/3lb thickburgers. It was really good. It probably shaved 20 minutes off my lifespan, but it was good. It kind of reminded me of the burgers that I made at Fuddruckers when we passed through Chicago.

When I got back, I checked my email and settled in for a night of television. I had two choices: the girl’s MSU v. Baylor game or the Amazing Race. Sorry gals, but after a few minutes of watching you lagging behind Baylor, I went with the Amazing Race. Not that that episode was much better. I was rooting on the brothers to make up some lost ground, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. The old couple is doing pretty well considering and the boyfriends are still providing a good source of entertainment. I’m surprised the POW/Beauty Queen are still at the top of the running. Given the idiocy of both, I was thinking that it wouldn’t be long until they were eliminated.

At 10:30, there was nothing that interesting left on TV so I texted Kris to tell her to come home before Mom blew a gasket. Then I just settled in with my Sherlock Holmes book that I am slowly but surely getting done. When I originally bought the collection, I thought it was going to be dry and boring but almost all of his stories are quick and easy reads.

Now it is time for bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?