Food!

As you can see from my picture, I obviously love food to the point that it’s probably going to kill me. The past couple days, I’ve departed from my usual pattern of boring, cheap slop.

A guy I know from Ottawa mentioned chicken tikka sandwiches. I looked up a recipe for it and it looked simple enough. I just had to buy some jalapeño peppers and some coriander. I put it all together and grilled one for my dinner that I would take to work. I left the rest for my family for hem to grill. I asked them what they thought of it and they seemed to like it. I wish that I could say the same. I ended up overcooking my chicken and it was dry and slightly burnt. The sauce ended up being frozen (man that fridge is cold) so I didn’t use it. Maybe next time I will be more careful. But I’m glad that mom got a day off from having to prepare dinner and it ended up to be something that they enjoyed.

Yesterday, while I was at work, Dad brought home some Popeyes chicken. Popeyes restaurants are mainly confined to the south. Not surprising because it is Cajun chicken. Until they opened one in Benton Harbor, Kentucky Fried Chicken (I refuse to call it KFC) had the iron grip on the region and to a large extent, they still do. There are only three restaurants in the area. South Bend (45 minutes away), Benton Harbor (45 minutes away), and Stevensville (30 minutes away.) Since the our first try, we’ve pretty much abandoned Kentucky Fried Chicken. I don’t know what the comparison is like in other regions of the country, but here in Michianna, Popeyes has got KFC “licked.” There’s just no comparison. However, if you are in Manila, Philippines, go to KFC. Popeyes in the Philippines suck. I don’t know why. You’d think that all stores would have standardized practices but I guess they don’t.

It occurred to me this morning that I really should think about getting a tea maker. Normally, I would just boil the water in a regular cooking pot and throw in two bags. But I drink tea over a long period of time so the remaining tea quickly looses its heat and usually some film is floating on the top. Trying something different, I just used the coffee maker. I wonder why I didn’t try that earlier. So I think maybe it would be worth spending some money for a dedicated tea maker. That way I won’t get in the way of mom’s need for coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?