Coca-Cola with Lime

A product review:

My dad came back from the store today. (Geez, I made that sound as if he goes away to shop for days at a time.) Normally, he or mom will get some pop that will last us the week. For those who aren’t in the know: “pop” is the Midwestern term for a carbonated beverage. In other places it can be called “soda-pop,” “soda,” or “coke.” Anyways, usually we’ll get whatever is the cheapest or on sale. Most of the time, it ends up being Meijer brand. Today, however, we tried something different. Coca-Cola has come up with something new: Coca-Cola with Lime. The company has been touting the new stuff for a couple weeks now. So we tried it. Dad liked it. Mom didn’t mind it. I didn’t like it. The lime taste wasn’t nasty (unlike Pepsi’s attempt at lemon). My problem was that it interfered with my expectation of what a coke should taste like. My conditioned mind was still expecting the regular coke taste and it just wasn’t happening. In addition, it seemed to me, that the “bite” that came along with the beverage was also missing. Going down, it seemed to be more base than usual.

Overall, it’s not revolting but it also does nothing to make you want to buy the product again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?