The Difference is || that Small

The company that I work for stores merchandise for various clients. Typically it’s not for regular consumers but for promotions and such. Sometimes, not all their materials are used so we have to destroy it. However, occasionally the company is allowed to give it to the workers. With the downturn in the economy, we have been getting a lot of free shtuff. You might be surprised how much junk people will take home if it is free.

Recently we were given USB flash drives. They were old. They were 16Mb sticks. I happened to be carrying with me my own flash drive which I have had for years and it is 256Mb. I thanked them for gift but declined it. I mean I wasn’t going to use it, so why take it? Another person—let’s call him Ed, said that he didn’t want his either.

“I’ve got one already. It’s an eight gig,” said Ed.

The lady who was passing them out was looked at him weirdly. “Well these are sixteen.”

I felt so bad even though I was shaking trying to hold back my laughter. She had said it with the perfect mixture of naïveté and conviction, with just a hint of sarcasm. God bless her because that is really the best gift I have ever gotten from them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?