No More Riding on the Library Coat

A couple of weeks ago, the Doc had a link on his blog about an article. I couldn't access it because the site requires a subscription. University students have access as long as they go through the university. I was able to access the article through MSU using their updated proxy server. A few minutes ago, I discovered that my access has been cut off. I've managed for almost four years now, to hang on to my access even though it was supposed to have been cut off when I graduated. Four years of loving ties to LexisNexis and JSTOR have now been cut and I suddenly feel dirty because I'm going to have to use Google to sift through crap to find academic articles. You may think that I'm being a little over dramatic, but really--this upsets me. Oh sure, I could register and take a credit, but there's no way in hell that I'm gonna pay that much. The current price per credit is $277.50! I started school paying $152.25. Craziness. I think that nearly fifty grand entitles me to a lifetime of library access, don't you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?