Turning Blue?

I’ve got a bad case of selective hearing. Usually, it rears its ugly head whenever my parents are talking. The other day, my dad was making some conversation about the upcoming election. He was making sure that I had planed to vote. I was kind of brushing off his concern because…well… I’ve never missed an election and had no plans of starting now.

“…so we can vote for Granholm*.” My attention focused back on what my dad was saying.

“I’m voting for Granholm. What do you mean ‘we?’ You’re not voting for DeVos?”

“Nope. What has he done?” Then Dad dropped the conversation.

I was in shock. Dad wasn’t going to support a republican candidate? That hasn’t happened since… since… Perot**.


*Governor Granholm, a democrat, is running for reelection against Dick DeVos, a republican.

**Ross Perot was the independent candidate for president in 1992. He was running against incumbent President George H.W. Bush and Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton.

Comments

Minge said…
Have fun tomorrow! Exciting! Nice to vote!

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!