Just Checking In

COVID-19 continues to hang over all of us like a deathly specter. Although, thankfully, no close family members have fallen to the virus, I remain constantly worried-especially for the older members. Death has touched family members of friends and coworkers. 

I contracted COVID during Thanksgiving. It was fortunate that my family did not get together this year for the holiday. I became extremely tired on Tuesday that went into Wednesday but there were no other symptoms. On Thanksgiving morning, however, I woke up with a fever. I began my quarantine but partly because of the holiday, I wasn’t able to get a test until Tuesday. I received word a couple days later that I had tested positive. Fortunately, I had a mild case. I had a low fever of 101oF, a cough, exhaustion, and lacked an appetite. The fever only lasted four days however the cough and exhaustion lingered for almost two weeks. 
 
On the political front, Joe Biden has won the Presidential Election. It was a nail biter to be sure but the mail in ballots proved to be critical. President Trump has refused to concede and continues to this day to say that the election was fraudulent, stolen, or whatever he needs to grasp at. I didn’t think my disappointment and frustration towards Trump could get any worse. I was wrong. 

On January 6th, a joint session of Congress was called to tally the votes of the Electoral College. Republican Congressmen and Senators objected to the votes from Arizona. While the two houses divided to their respective chambers to debate and vote on the objection, a large group of Trump supporters invaded the Capitol and rioted. It went on for a few hours before the rioters were cleared. The Senate and House decided to continue on with the vote and Joe Biden is now officially the President Elect. 

The politics of the last four years have left me exhausted and bitter. The topic still interests me but I have no joy in following it. I am frustrated with my party and its followers that continue to hold on to Trump. This includes my father. I am not sure if there is any more common ground. I am not sure if I even want to associate with them anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?