Beasties watching Beauty

Last weekend I planned to go see a Sunday morning viewing of the live action remake of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I looked it up on Friday night and all the seats were sold out. I haven't seen a book out like that ever--not even for Rogue One.  So I waited until this past Saturday. Even one week later the Saturday morning viewing was sold out and I had to squeeze in with a bunch of kids and their parents. Ugh.

Beauty and the Beast--the cartoon movie from 1991--is my favorite animated film from Disney and I was a little trepidatious about it being messed with. Although I still find the animated version to be superior, I am pleased at how the live action version turned out.

I suppose the only criticism that I have is that this seemed too connected to the animated version. Maleficent was basically pretty much separated from Sleeping Beauty. Cinderella and the Jungle Book were their own movies. Pete's Dragon--was hardly connected to the original. Each one of the above could be watched without seeing the originating movie. With Beauty and the Beast, I feel like this movie has to be watched along with the animated film.

As I told my sister, Disney has got some cash cows going with these live action remakes, Star Wars, and Pixar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!