Thursday, December 15, 2016

Rogue One - Thumbs Up

I went to the first local showing of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I didn't want any spoilers to come my way and I knew that they would be coming at me if I waited for the weekend when I usually go to the movies. Paying the premium and ahead of time was a good decision.

So I'm not going to ruin it for anyone else with important spoilers but I will say:

Yes, some familiar characters make appearances. Technology is almost there where you can believe you are looking at the same person you saw almost 40 years ago. 

A lot of the scenes in trailers were not in the movie. I would be interested in how many changes were made--how the story evolved during production.

Now that I've seen how people have have rated this against other Star Wars movies, I would have to disagree with them. I would place this in the middle of the pack. From favorite to least:
  • The Empire Strikes Back
  • A New Hope
  • Return of the Jedi
  • Rogue One
  • The Force Awakens
  • Revenge of the Sith
  • The Phantom Menace
  • Attack of the Clones

2 comments:

staceycritzer said...

i definitely agree that rogue one was better than the force awakens. i would probably have to see the rest again though to make a full ranking! whichever one has the Ewoks, i think that is my fav :)

David said...

Stacey, I may have to find the two Ewok movies for you.

ND vs MSU I'm Here for It!

  One of my coworkers offered to sell me her tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game. Of course, I took her up on the offer! With...