Saturday With the Brothers

I spent yesterday with Kraig and his brother Kevin--but separately.

Kraig is my main movie buddy and we saw The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug.  Although I found the movie interesting, it did leave me unsatisfied.  It didn't feel like it had a beginning (because that was shown last year) or an end (because that will be shown next year). That sound like a statement to roll your eyes but the second film of the LOTR trilogy didn't feel that way.  The cliffhangers for The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers were felt like great ending while still making me look forward the next installment.

After the movie and I was leaving the park, I got a call from Kraig.  Turned out that his truck wouldn't start. His truck died from leaving on the headlights. I didn't think that a couple hours would be enough to drain a battery but what do I know?  While waiting for the jump, I got a call from his brother Kevin. He was wondering if I wanted to hang out and that he was on his way to my apartment.  I had to tell him that I was preoccupied at the time but that I was open to meeting up later that night.

Fast forward to the evening and he picked me up to go to a local bar that was putting on a drag show.  There wasn't anything really remarkable about the show itself but I did have fun running into some coworkers.  But damn, after a couple drinks and tips to the servers and performers, I was broke way faster than I thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!