OMG it's a sale! [squeals]

There's a joke that you know you've married a Filipino or you are a Flipino when... you can't resist buying items on sale even if you don't need them.

So I get up to Benton Harbor and I stop by Steve & Barry's intending to buy two t-shirts to replace a few old tattered ones that I recently threw away. (Yeah, I'm one of those guys that will wear clothes until they are hanging on by a thread.) I get in there and it turns out that everything in the store is being sold for $8.98*. At first I couldn't believe it. There were coats up in the front that would go for $60-$100 a piece and they were ten bucks?

They called it their winter liquidation and boy did I come at the right time. My original plan was go go in, purchase two shirts and get out. Twenty minutes tops. Instead, I spent almost two hours going through things. I ended up coming out with:
  • A MSU hoodie
  • A grey rugby shirt
  • Some kind of pullover
  • 2 MSU shirts
  • 2 Logo shirts (G.I. Joe and Air Force)
  • Dress shirt
  • 2 pairs of pants
It all came up to $92**. If priced normally, I would have had to pay well over two times as much. I think I'm going to have to check them out every time I go shopping now.

*which would be about £4.59, €6.12, and 9.90AUD.
**which would be about £46.99, €62.67 and 101.38AUD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?