Late for the Fuzz

The other week I was worried that I would have to make a drive to Chicago to see Hot Fuzz, the Brit comedy that opened in theaters recently. No local theaters were showing it. The closest one was in Chicago. So while many other bloggers were typing their praise, I had to shut my eyes and move on. Showplace 16 in south South Bend got it a few days ago and last Friday, Erin and I went to see it. It was great.

I'm not going to bother with a review except to say that I enjoyed it and would recommend everyone to see it. But there are couple of thoughts I wanted to get out.
  • "By the power of Grayskull!" None of the young ones around me laughed. Am I that old already?
  • Why does Martin Freeman always wear clothes that make him appear "Zeppelin" size?
  • It took me two viewings to understand some of the dialog. Too bad, I couldn't have had a translator (or two) when I was in the theater.
  • That kick to the old lady was my favorite part of the movie.
  • Some complained about the pacing but I thought that the build-up to the firefight was great.
  • When is the DVD coming out?

Comments

john said…
Hi, I'm back.
At wordpress though.
openawindow.wordpress.com
Minge said…
Some of those guys are hot.
David said…
^Really? Which ones?

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?