Hug a tree? I think not.

A few months ago we were informed that our trees in the front yard were going to be cut down because they were too close to the power lines. Apparently, the AEP believes that the possibility of our trees moving four feet towards the road during what would have to be a hurricane was just too great of a risk. And apparently our trees are more of a safety risk than the vines overgrowing the power lines and poles all along 3rd Street in Niles. Whatever, There’s not much that I can do about it. A fellow villager thinks differently. (Follow up article here.)

I’m a little ticked about the trees but I’m not going to chain myself to a tree. I’m not that attached to it. And I’ve already had my fill dealing with the police around here. I only wished that I had seen this article soon enough to get over to town and try to see them pull off this stunt.

Here’s a little bit of info: Her daughter that is mentioned in the article was a classmate of my sister. Her son was a classmate of mine. We called him Smee (like Captain Hook’s first mate) because he upset our class ranks and because we are mean. When I saw “we” I mainly mean Lisa and I. Luckily she transferred them to another school because she wasn’t satisfied with the high school that she mentions in the article. Funny how she brings that up.

Now that they have gone through the area, it turns out we are losing one of our trees while the other one will be “trimmed.” According to Grandma, it probably means they are going to cut half the tree down, guaranteeing us an ugly ass sight until such time they decide to come back and finish it off.

I’ll show you the results when they come in.

Comments

Anonymous said…
AEP bastards :P
Anonymous said…
Kris ^

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?