Two Miles!

When I started running, I made a goal of being able to run two miles without stopping by August. I didn't think I'd be able to do it when I had to stay away from running for three weeks. When I started back up, it felt like I had taken two steps forward and one step back. Well since this would be the last day possible to acheive my goal, I decided that I would run two miles no matter what. I didn't care if I ended up slower than the power walkers, but I was going to do two miles non-stop. And you know what? I did it!

Comments

PJS said…
Wow, I am so proud of you!

I've toyed with the idea of running for years and years. And you're out there actually doing it. Good for you!
David said…
Thanks PJS :-)

The next plan is start timing myself.

And based on your pictures, I'm inclined to believe that you work out more than you let on. ;-P
Brian Farrey said…
Congratulations! That's a big accomplishment. I set a similar goal for myself a couple years ago and eventually got up to three miles non stop.

Then my sciatica kicked in and I had to give up running. Oh well. Biking is cool.

Good for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?