I want those features now.

I am amazed at how elaborate some blogs like The Malcontent are. It makes my blog look totally inadequate. I saw some of the features on the beta Blogger and I'm salivating over some of them. Oh, I know that I could easily spruce up my page but honestly, I don't know jack about HTML code and I am very worried about mucking up my template. I would scream bloody murder if my two years worth of drivel were to suddenly disappear.

Here's what I'd like to do with my blog:

1.) Put the archives section in my sidebar into a drop down menu with the most recent months at the top.

2.) Implement labels so that I can organize posts by categories.

3.) Change my header. I'd like to put in some cool graphic/photo with David's Tangled Thoughts incorporated into it. Actually, I'm thinking about changing "David's Tangled Thoughts" into something else. Any suggestions?

4.) Change my background. But that's low on my priority list. I rather like the general template (font design and layout). I just could do without the lighthouse picture.

Since I have a gmail account, I've already set up my beta account. According to Blogger Buzz, I'll eventually be able to migrate this blog. When I'll be able to do that, I have no idea. So now the waiting begins.

Comments

john said…
I'm so HTML ignorant it isn't funny. I love the new things that many people do to their blogs. They only thing that gets on my nerves is the ones that have music videos on theirs. It's a little irritating.
Minge said…
This is all too much for me.
David said…
John: I'm with you on the video crap. Some of us are still on dial-up!

Minge: What's too much? Blogger as it is now?
Unknown said…
I just merged like it said, and I don't see what the fuss is about...
David said…
Herb, you've got features on your blog that I have no idea how to pull off like your title image. That looks cool. I want to do something like that without having to buy something like "HTML for dummies." :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?