Wal-mart does more

Usually when I’m talking about the company that I work for, I’m bitching about it. Well, there’s plenty to bitch about! Today, however, I left work a little proud that I work for the big blue box. I was talking with the store manager (a rare thing) and he said that the donation that Wal-mart is making has been upped yet again to $20 million. This is not counting the fundraising that it is already doing with its associates and customers. Also, signs were put up in our grocery departments explaining why customers should expect lower availability of bottled water. It’s because water shipments are being directed towards LA and MS. In addition Home Office has sent out a directive to all stores: refugees from hurricane Katrina now have priority in all hiring positions. Nice considering that communities such as Battle Creek and Lansing have already taken in a number of victims.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?