Fair Food 4 (the last)


The lamb gyro. They were a little skimpy this year. How disappointing. $5.00-- at least the price didn't go up this year.

Bounthans (sp?) is the booth to go to if you are looking for Chinese. I hear that the meals they serve are really worth the money. I never went for the big platters because then I wouldn't have room for anything else! Crab ragoons and eggrolls here. $1.50 for the crab ragoons. $3.00 for the eggrolls.

Most people drink pop here at the fair. Why? Because it's cheap. $2.00 will get you 32oz at the Korn Dog place. Refills are $1.50. There are lemonade stands but they are quite pricey. This cup here sells for $3.00 along the midway if I remember right. My sister found a booth tucked away by the horse stalls that sold them for $1.50. It's not often I get to drink all natural lemonade.

Sirloin tips. Mmm, mmm, good. They are expensive as hell though! $7.00 for the regular meal. 1/4 lb of meat, 1/4 lb of mashed taters, onions, peppers (not shown here), and shrooms. Quite tasty but I probably could've gotten a lot more bang for my buck if I just headed for the Outback.

I saved the corn dog for last. It is always one of the last things that I get at the fair. By now, I have mentioned the Korn Dog stand. It serves the cheapest drinks and is by far the most popular stand in the entire fair. It is the norm to have the lines (yes plural) extend across the pedestrian way, clogging up traffic. While I will visit that stand almost every time I want a drink, I save the corn dog until last. Don't know why though. It's just always turned out that way. $1.25 for the beef dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?