A Night Out


Season and I headed off to Hackers for a little miniature golf last night. We had tried to do it late last year but we were a little late as we arrived just as the place was closing. Well, tonight seemed pretty nice. It was comfortable and the middle of the week signaled that it wouldn’t be too busy. For six bucks we played 18 holes which went by pretty fast. Should I tell you what we shot? Okay… I got thirty over par. Season got twenty-one over par. Go Season!




Since we were in and out, Season got out her trusty cell to find out the movie times. There were choices of War of the Worlds, Bewitched, Batman Begins, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and Rebound. I wanted to watch War of the Worlds or Batman Begins. Batman Begins had the edge and so we went to that. I was worried that since Season wasn’t all hot about it, that she might be bored or perhaps resentful. It was still a couple hours away so we needed to find something to occupy ourselves.


Solution? I took her to Swingbelly’s which is an ice cream shop in Niles. We talked about my family’s farm, Sara, and perhaps an internship opportunity with the Cass County Commission on Aging. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Then after that we went on a joy ride. I took her by my old house in Niles. She showed me Mr. Price’s house near Barron Lake. (I think she stalks him, heh heh.) Then I headed up the St. Joseph Valley Parkway to Berrien Springs. I was on a mission to find Muhammed Ali’s home. Until yesterday, I had not seen Southwest Michigan’s most famous celebrity citizen’s house. Well, I didn’t see it that day either but at least I got a picture of his front gate.



For those of you haven’t seen Batman Begins, my advice is to go see it. Other than the 1st Batman movie, Batman Begins is superior to the others. Director Tim Burton just went off on a tangent. The Batman movie brought it back a little more to reality. My only complaint is that Christian Bale can not put on a good Batman voice. It sounded like he tried to hard. But other than that, it was a great film. Oh! And all over you could see composite shots of my dear city, Chicago! I spent most of the city wide shots just looking for buildings that I recognized. At the end, Season, who I thought would not like the movie, said she liked it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?