I need to get outta here...

Due to inventory and the subsequent mess that it has caused, I have been spending more time out on the sales floor. Over the past couple days, I have run into people in which I am embarrassed to show my face too. They know that I have worked retail during high school, but we all thought that I would be past that by now.

The first was Bruce. His brother, Brad was in the same class as I. But I went to university with Bruce and had our Integrated Arts and Humanities class together. We both graduated in December with me a semester late and him a semester early. I assume that he has returned back to Michianna because I saw him strolling through the store. He saw me trade in my business suit for a smock. I tried not to seem aware that he was there.

Next came Mr. R___. He was my brit lit and mythology teacher in high school as well as my track coach. It was kind of hard not to avoid him. So I swallowed the big lump in my throat and said, "hi." He did a double take, not expecting me to be there. There seemed to be a look of disappointment on his face. We suffered through an awkward conversation and eventually got on to the subject of my sister and what her future plans are.

Finally, last night, I saw Rich a former co-worker from K-mart when I was back in high school. He had been one of the guys who made me think about joining AFROTC. He was in the Air Force before coming to Michigan. When he first told me that, he surprised me. I had him pegged as gay. He's not flaming but pretty effeminate. Oh, and he's also married. Not that that means anything of course. Before I left in August, he wished me good luck. Now he must've realized that I didn't join but instead reverted back to retail. I probably should get in contact with him. Last I knew, he was getting a job with the local police force. He might know of some opportunities.

I'm looking for a way out but I need the money. I gotta do what I gotta do, ya know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?