Check out the WLS link on the side.



WLS 890 out of Chicago had to fire some of their people this past week. I heard it on the Roe Conn Show as they were mentioning that Christina Filiaggi was gone. Now I’m a listener of The Big 89. From the time I go to work to the time I go home, there has always been someone on that I want to listen to—except on the weekends. Roe Conn and his gang have always been my riding companions on my way home and I was sad to hear that Christina was not there.

In addition to Christina Filiaggi, I learned that Jennifer Keiper and Bill Cameron were also let go. The blame apparently goes to Farid Suleman the CEO of the Citadel Broadcasting Corporation who is doing this to other stations all across the country. It feels frustrating to have a person who is so high up there to make decisions that affect lives down here. I mean, does he even know these people and what they do for all the people that live under 890’s broadcasting umbrella?

What happens when the shows start dying? It’s already been mentioned that Don Imus may be replacing Don Wade and Roma in the morning. God forbid that Roe goes and Sean Hannity takes his place. My happy and positive commute home would turn into a liberals suck commute and that would only make me change the channel.

There’s a chance that Christina might be able to come back. If she wants to come back, I really hope it works out. I hope it all works out.

Sun Times article here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!